Kennel Club Good Citizen Dog Scheme
Are you and your dog good citizens? Is your dog well behaved? Are you a responsible dog owner?
The Kennel Club Good Citizen Dog Scheme is the largest dog training scheme in the UK. It was established to promote socially acceptable dogs and to teach owners how to train their dogs.
The aim of the scheme is to promote responsible dog ownership, enhance our relationship with our pets, and to make the community aware of the benefits associated with owning dogs.
Exeter Dog Training Club helps members to work towards the Good Citizen awards and regularly arranges testing.
There are four levels of achievement:
- Puppy Foundation - training and socialisation of puppies to introduce them to life’s routine.
- Bronze - the basic standard that can be achieved by all adult dogs with the correct handling.
- Silver - for dogs that have their bronze level and have graduated to a higher learning curve.
- Gold - the highest level of Good Citizenship which will show you have a reliably well behaved pet.
- Handlers knowledge of responsibility and care for their dog will be tested at each level.